Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Patch 2013

A beautiful October day got the Bournes out of the city and onto the farm.  In search of pumpkins we ventured out to Issaquah to Fox Hollow Farm.  We met biting ponies, pygmy goats, furry feet chickens, horses back sides, and adorable kittens.  Oh, and a peacock came out to say goodbye just as we were leaving.  Turns out we were the parents with the baby wipes cleaning Nolan's hands after he touched just about anything.  But I make no apologies for it.  Chicken poop is gross!  With our germ free hands we came home with a pumpkin a piece and countless memories.  My personal highlights...me almost getting my leg bit by a pony, Nolan letting a goat nibble on his overalls, and Matt almost getting soaked by an angry horse attempting to dump his bucket of water.  Apparently farm animals can smell city folk from a mile away.  Family day in the sun was worth all the warning signs that we may not have been welcome at the farm.



















1 comment:

  1. You're smart! I LOVE this place, but last time we went half the kiddos (and Dave) wound up with hand, foot, and mouth. I'll still totally go back, Logan loves it.

    PS Your boy is cute beyond words. And yes, I'm a blog stalker.

    ReplyDelete