Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Something you might not know about me


2 Dimensional view of the heart on Echo

3 Dimensional picture of the Tricuspid Valve (right sided valve)
Image courtesy of Google and source listed on image


I am very lucky to have found a job that I love.  I get to look at people's hearts with ultrasound.  I get to meet ALL types of people...young and old.  Unfortunately heart disease affects millions of people.  My job is to help physicians best take care of their patient.  Being a middle woman is the perfect place for me.  I am involved just enough where my opinion is valued but none of the responsibility is mine.  I work at an academic institution and  with that comes the opportunity to work with a myriad of professionals.  The  doctors cycle through on their journey through residency and fellowship.  We teach them about echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound) and often share our images when they present patient case studies at conferences.  It is pretty cool to see your hard work presented to a room full of people that need your help identifying heart structures in the images.  We are also asked to share our images on a larger platform.  The director of the Echo Lab at Harborview Medical Center, Dr. Edward Gill, is very involved in Three Dimensional imaging and is spreading the word about it.  So...we his sonographers have gotten the opportunity to help him write about it.  Thanks to Dr. Gill and other cardiologist I work with I am PUBLISHED.  A couple of times over.  It is a pretty cool feeling having a text book delivered to your doorstep that shows the world your work and passion for what you do.  I have to thank Dr. Gill for giving me the opportunity...I can't take all the credit.  I moan and groan about collecting the pictures and editing the text but seeing the finished product reminds me it's all worth it in the end.  A good lesson for my lazy side.








1 comment:

  1. i still want u to scan my thumper. xox pretty cool job you got leaner!

    ReplyDelete