Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mama's nights out

Me and my pump finally got to hit the town.  For 2 nights in a row no less. 

Night 1 I was treated to dinner and the theater by my mom, with my sisters and dear friend Connie.  I only wish the outing didnt start with a trip to the dentist...I broke my tooth on a peanut butter pretzel.  Thank goodness I didn't need a crown put on.  So with me left side numb I inhaled a sushi dinner and 2 glasses of wine.  Dinner ended with me in the hotel bathroon using the outlet near the sinks to pump.  Oh yes...people were coming in and out.  Stacey stayed with me as a blocker.  From what I know only 2 teenagers were traumatized by the scene (they were heard by my mom outside bathroom saying, "those girls were WEIRD").  Feeling much more comfortable we went to the awesome Paramount theater to see Wicked.  The actresses who played Elphaba and Glinda were unbelievable.  Such a great show.  Great birthday gift...thank you mom.

My mom and I...and Connies head :)

Birthday girls :)
I got home that evening to find out from Matt that Nolan was a total angel all night.  I was so excited because it meant Matt wasn't spent for night 2!!!

What I found when I got home...love


Night 2...Hipcooks with Lauren and Brie.  What a fun night.  I was actually nervous about being in this cooking class but once we got started I settled in and realized no one cared what I was doing right or wrong.  We started with some knife skills.  Not sure they can be reproduced in my home kitchen (not sure they need to be).  Then we chopped cucumbers and ginger for the mango salsa, peeled roasted  peppers for the soup, and taste tested the pesto.  Round one was a pepper soup two ways and a glass of wine...FINALLY.  Then we coated our Ahi tuna steakes in sesame seeds and pan seared them in sesame oil.  We got smoked out a little bit...but like Brie kept pointing out..."it's legal now."  Good one Brie.  The final course was a strawberry sorbet and almond cookies.  One poor soul had to stand there and beat up the frozen strawberries in the vita-mixer.  We were pretty much checked out at that point.  Gabbing in the corner and enjoying girls night.  The night was a success however I hurried home to a supposedly crying baby...but lucky for me he tired himself out and was once again asleep when I got there :)  Kuddos to my awesome husband.  Thank you for the much needed time for me to feel like me.  I left my phone in my purse (got to carry a purse and not a diaper bag!) and didn't worry at all.  Nolan was in great hands!

Such great friends!  (you cant even tell Lauren is pregnant!)

Roasted pepper soup

Delicious Ahi Tuna and Mango Salsa

Me and Brie " Like the cheese"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment