Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cheers to our 3 years!

Today Matt and I reflected about the past 3 years of marriage over a fabulous dinner at Dahlia Lounge.  It was a surprise which was fun.  Way to go Matt...great choice.  I feel so blessed to be here, on the verge of starting our family, more in love with the man I chose to spend my life with.  He believes in me, believes in us, and isn't affraid to work hard to make sure things are done right.  He is helping balance me that way.  He is teaching me that shortcuts aren't the answer, and if you are going to do something, do it right.  I think that sounds like a pretty great approach to marriage and life to me.  So to Matt...you have made me confident, fullfilled, stronger, and happier as each year has passed.  I love believing that the best is yet to come.  I love you and love us.  3 years has gone quickly...but we have done a pretty good job of enjoying the ride!

The night we got engaged! 7-12-08

The moment we first saw each other on our wedding day 8-22-2009

Our first journey together as husband and wife. 8-22-2009

3 years later with a bun in the oven (34 weeks today).
Ok so the food...don't forget I am pregnant and these things should not go unmentioned. 

First course...bread salad and prosseco.

Main course...crab cakes with heirloom tomatoe/cucumber salad.

Matt's flat iron steak, grilled watermelon, and AMAZING potatoe salad.

Dessert...flourless chocolate cake with rasberry sortbet, AND, their made to order donuts.  I may have used my fingers to enjoy the cinnamon/sugar mountain left on the plate of donuts. 
It was a really great evening with my main squeeze.  Not sure how many more we will get before he gets here.  Baby boy will seriously be the cherry on top of this very blessed life we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment