Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vino party 2012

Matt had a vision for the summer time wine party on our patio...and I would say it turned better than we would have thought.  He really thought of everything and made it happen.  The wine glasses were lined up, the bottles were labelled and ordered, and score cards were ready.  The sun was shining creating the perfect day for a fiesta.  We had a great mix of friends and family which we both wish could happen more often.  People brought great food and all seemed to enjoy the festivities.  I would say that in a perfect world we would not have hosted such a party with me being 34 weeks pregnant but I held strong.  Only one tasting for me and of course I picked my favorite...Mark Ryan "The Dissident."  I am not sure if a crowd favorite was revealed but we did have big winners in the tasting competition.  Wouldn't it be the most competitive people I know... My sister Ashley and her boyfriend Scott, along with my brother-in-law Jason and his wife Danice Bourne.  Here are some memories caught on camera :)     

White tape for whites, and red tape for reds...duh!

Tasting station.  Yes Matt used a straight edge to line them up :)

Perfect party patio.

Just waiting for the games to start.

Amy...super helper!

No the red was not planned.

Gina, Katie, and Jim.

"The Dream Team"...Ben, Zeb, Bill

Jean Francois "J.F.", Amy, Scott

Mom...now I know where I get the stripe thing from.  Love 'em!


Stace, Meghan, Briggs Blalock!

Matt and Ben

Sydney...perfect combo of Gina and Ben.  Cute beyond words!

Zeb and Briggs performing for the crowd!

Cool guys...Jason and Scott.  No, they really are cool.

Love my bearded man!

Checking score cards...

Charlie and Kim, and our awesome neighbors Andrew and Lorna.

The Ahlgrims...not sure where Ashley is. 

The winners are revealed!

The losers are revealed.  But yes they got prizes...huge lighters!

The other losers...a tie for last place.

Julie and Marvin Miller

The winners...team "Hangover."

Jason showing off first place prize...A "corkatoo" of course.

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun night! you guys know how to throw a party!! loved seeing your fam and your belly and murph of course ;)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun - sad we missed it!! Hope to see you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows? Maybe Matt might be the next Nostradamus! LOL :P Judging by the pictures, it seems like everyone had a fantastic time at the party. Mark Ryan "The Dissident" is also one of my favorite drinks, Alicia - I can't get enough of its aroma, you know what I mean? :) Anyway, congratulations to all the winners of the competition!

    Jessie Henn

    ReplyDelete