Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Seafood Fest


My sister Ashley has met and fallen for a great guy named Scott Sandvig.  And lucky for us...every year his familly hosts "Seafood Fest."  This year the Ahlgrim/Bourne clan made the exclusive invite list.  His parent's gorgeous back yard made me crazy jealous of their Dahlia, rose, and vegetable gardens.  We played badminton, bocce, and croquet (and by we I mean everyone but me).  The feast began with fresh oysters and sushi ( which looked good...of course I couldn't enjoy :().  It was a full sit down dinner outside under the garden trellis.  So neat!



Scott's sister Andrea ( the event Founder 9 years ago) made a Ceviche as the first course.  Her boyfriend Vladamir was her lovely assistant.


Next up was the fresh Halibut prepared 3 ways by chef Scott.  He really impressed us with his grill skillz!


It wrapped up with dessert.  Of course I don't have a picture because I never slowed down to take a picture.  Gotta love pregnancy and my sweet tooth.  If you were wondering, it was cheesecake and a rhubard cobbler with fresh berries. 

It was a really great night having my whole family together spending time with those that have become really dear to Ashley.  We love you Bood...and Scott too. 

Everywhere you turned there were flowers. 

Love my beautiful sisers!

My dad was there too...I swear.

Look how cute they are!!

1 comment: