Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Weekend

I love weekends that aren't planned out, with my pager in my drawer at work.  Which I am proud to say is where it will stay until I go back to work in February!  Can I get a "Wahoo" for that.  Last week was a long one with a call back to work until after midnight.  I am so not cut out for that at this stage.  My OB agrees so I got to erase my name off the call schedule for Labor Day Weekend.  I couldn't be more relieved about it. 

I got to spend last Thursday night with a very special group of women celebrating my family baby shower.  Jennifer and Stacey with the help of my mom put on an amazing party.  The china was out, the champagne was ice, the sun was shining on the back deck.  It went flawlessly.  I was once again completely overwhelmed by the support and generosity of the women who were there to celebrate with me.  Baby boy (who is still nameless) made out like a bandit.  I know there are more pictures to come but these two are a great start!

Three generations (with 4th on the way) of my mom's side!


My beautiful Mother!



  Friday night was our First annual Block Party for 46th ave SW.  It was completely organized by our neighbor 2 houses down who is 12 YEARS OLD! She started a few weeks ago going door to door surveying everyone for the best date.  Then by email and phone calls had people signed up for dishes to bring and when to be where.  It was pretty awesome.  Her name is Kiki and I think she is pretty great.  Her mother was very proud of her.  We met some people we hadn't seen before and of course ended up talking to the ones we already knew.  All in all it was a great success.  My pasta salad and Trader Joes' soft baked Snickerdoodles were a hit.  If you haven't tried the cookies I just mentioned...your going to want to get some the next time you are at TJ's. 

Saturday found me sorting through all our loot from the baby shower.  Fun but a little crazy.  It felt weird carrying the car seat in from the car.  Things are definitely starting to feel more real...especially with all the added visuals of his arrival which is now 7.5 weeks away.  I think my favorite items are the art work I recieved from Kristina, Helena, and Cameron (my younger cousins and niece).  I have been hoping to be inspired to find the remaining items to hang on his walls and I have to say these are better than I could have imagined.  So special for baby boy to be surrounded by personalized art!  Once they are properly framed and hung I will share the final products.

So then it was off to Home Depot for some shopping for the upstairs bathroom project.  I can't believe we are doing this again so soon but now it is time to update the bathroom.  New plumbing means new shower, vanity, and toilet.  The most exciting part is that we will actually have a vanity instead of a pedestal sink.  We are very excited for it to be done...I am not excited about the work and mess to get there.  We have a tight deadline so we shall see...

Before

After Demo day 1

Future fixtures!
After the fun of chores...we got to hang with the Baumann's.  Brie and Barry and my God Babies!  Baby Tatum is an absolute Doll.  She is a tiny little love bug.  John and Riley were their crazy selves and little Tatum just slept right through it.  The kids were loving on Matt and I was loving on Tatum.  Just some good times sitting around (on our old couches :) ) hanging with some of my favorite little persons! 

Push Pops for desert


She fit perfectly on the bump.

Riley is so in love!

Tatum hanging with baby boy Bourne!
Night 4 of not having to cook dinner found us at a fun BBQ at Meghan' and Zeb's.  I finally got to see their awesome new house with a really great backyard.  It started with chips and salsa and ended with a cartwheel show by all the guys.  John Hart won hands down but I have to say that Matt held his own with both feet coming off the ground with a pretty decent finish.  Zeb spoiled us with chicken and brats but the highlight might have been the chocolate chip cookies.  More time with great friends...and some pretty awesome little people.  I seriously can't get over Brigg's gorgeous blue eyes!



A kiss goodnight from his girl Sienna.
I love summer time.  So far my pregnant self isn't cursing the warm weather.  So keep it coming! 

3 comments:

  1. fun weekend! happy to be a part of it - thanks again for dinner and the fun company - love you guys!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUSY BUSY WEEKEND! Loved seeing you guys. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete