Life is precious. Our life is blessed. And we have chosen to spend it together.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My green thumb

I had no idea that I would come to love gardening as much as I do.  One of the selling points of our house was the gorgeous garden that I only hoped I could keep up.  I could see all the work that had gone into this cared for assortment of beautiful flowers and wanted to make the previous home owner proud.  Somehow I became the designated weeder, but I can't say I would go back and change that.  I use weeding to silence my mind and now enjoy the time I get to spend in the dirt with all the worms.  I love the idea of instant results, and weeding is just that.  But what I love more are the fresh cut flowers that fill my home with beautiful colors.  Nature really is amazingly pretty.  Here is our garden this time of year...


Hydrangea

Star Lily

Star Lily

Roses

Dahlia

Star Lily


1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! If you ever need extra mind silencing feel free to head this way ;)

    ReplyDelete